By John Smeaton, SPUC
"subjected its PGCE students to a two-hour anti-homophobic bullying workshop run by Stonewall on its premises. The ‘training’ session lasted from 4pm to 6pm on Thursday 6th June."
[...] SPUC has been sent a copy of the Stonewall presentation given at Strawberry Hill which was used as the basis for the workshop. The presentation goes beyond the subject of homophobic bullying. It:
- attacks Christian teachers who have objections to homosexuality
- advocates the inclusion of homosexual equality into curricula
- attacks Section 28 of the Local Government Act 1988 which (before being repealed in 2003) prevented the promotion of homosexuality in any state-maintained school
- provides a recommended reading list of homosexual books
- promotes homosexual parenting
- links to websites which, among other things, promotes 'gay pride' marches.
The college's website reveals that, among its 'equality scheme objectives', are:
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.